Sunday, March 19, 2006

Why not a Corvette?

The other night hubby and I made the dealership rounds over in the big town. I must have been out of it, or possibly too much into it, because my automagination went completely out of bounds.

The first vehicle that sparked my interest was- get this- a 1994 Caddy Eldorado. Say what? Low miles, good price, looked like a 90's T-Bird that hit the lottery and got a makeover. So we looked at a few more Cadillacs before moving on. Can't afford a new SLS anyway.

Then it was Buicks. I can't explain that. I mean, there's that whole love/hate thing among my family for Buicks, but I swore I wouldn't get another one unless it was older than me... and here I was checking out newer LeSabres and Park Aves. I will vouch for a nice ride, but... Buick!

So now I'm freaking out, thinking I just aged 40 years. What's next? Lincolns? Oh yes, I went there too... I love Town Cars. *Sigh* Just about everything I saw that I liked screamed blue-haired ladies and left turn signals on for seven miles.

In an attempt to drag myself away from stereotypical retired-person cars, I scoped a VW Cabrio. And I thought it was just... TOO... small. Then a yellow Ranger Edge caught my fancy and I had to remind myself that we weren't truck-shopping this time around.

And then I thought what the heck... can I have an early midlife crisis please? Can I just get a Corvette or something equally ridiculous? That's when the automagination kicked in... thinking sporty, pretentious, completely impractical, or totally opposite of my original car goal. I said I ought to just get a '59 Impala droptop and be happy. Five minutes later, we saw a '59 Impala droptop in a showroom! How weird! But it was metallic pink and made into a lowrider... ewwww. No thanks. I didn't even take a picture of it.

Now, if money weren't an issue, I'd get one of these:

BMW Z5 (now M coupe)... oh yeah, I could live with that. Or a Viper coupe, blue please, with white skunk stripes. Hey, we can all dream!

No comments: