Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Cheap horny hookers here!

Hubby just finished putting the dual exhaust on his truck- it sounds great! I'll admit, I had a few moments of confusion a couple of days ago when he was ordering the new system. All I heard from the direction of the living room was "horny" and "hooker." Then I heard "Summit" and discovered he was talking about Hornie mufflers and Hooker exhaust. Got a chuckle at my own expense. Parts for my car come under one or two names: "cheap" and "used." Which goes along with that whole theme, doesn't it? :-D

Summit sent him a hat, some Hooker decals (not on MY car, thanks, that would just be asking for it) and a coupon for his next order. He used that immediately, and now we have a brush guard on the way for the Bronco. Not chrome, unfortunately, but black powdercoat, and it has the headlight guards as well. Tax money is spent, y'all.

I keep thinking about that purple Tacoma. I have a kind of "off" feeling about it... it's hard to buy a used truck, simply because most of them (as I've said before) were used as trucks. If I needed a hauler or small pickup for moving stuff around, there wouldn't be a problem. But I don't.

Segue to what another blogger was talking about recently... people getting brainwashed by advertising and commercials... I hate to admit it, but it relates. Y'see, I found a car yesterday that meets all my basic requirements and then some (and then some more- that thing is LOADED) but it isn't... cool. It's not even in the same ballpark as cool. It's at the other end of the spectrum. I've never had a "cool" car (the '63 Nova was Dad's, so it doesn't count) so I was hoping to finally cut loose a bit. I wanted something people would notice, something that might turn a few heads, with more horsepower than I'll ever use and a spoiler and bright paint. Maybe a turbo something. You get the idea. I have to get out of that mindset and focus on what I need, not what other people think is sporty or popular or what car dealers try to sell me on.

The car I found is medium metallic blue. Has charcoal leather interior, power freaking everything, heated seats and mirrors, keyless entry, CD player, cruise, traction control... all the bells and whistles. It screams comfort and luxury on the inside. Outside... um... I'm not anywhere near retirement age. But I believe I need to go lie down and think this over.

Anyone know if they make rear spoilers for *******s?

3 comments:

Chris said...

Do a carfax on the Taco. When you buy the carfax service, you get it for a month, so you can plug any # of VIN's in... handy for when you're shopping. Sorry for sounding like an ad.

I tried looking up customization stuff for *******s... no go. Maybe parts from a similar brand would work?

CJupiter said...

Heh... I'm very familiar with Carfax... it's how we learned that hubby's truck actually had 100K more miles on it than the dealer said it did. And that my dad's previous truck had been through auctions three times. The Taco seller offers free CarFax so if I really wanted to pursue it, I could.

I don't know about interchanges betwen makes nowadays, but I'm thinking maybe a ##### ## spoiler might fit. ;-P

Unknown said...

I don't think free carfax reports are reliable either. I'm not saying it's not good I just don't rely on their data solely. I tried to get even cheap carfax alternative reports so I can be sure that I'm getting what I needed.