Thursday, March 09, 2006

Sigh-tings

On the way to work: bright blue Pontiac Lemans, around '72, all shined up. Pea green 70's 4-door Cadillac looking like a cinder block on wheels. And this one, which I've seen on my commute every day for the past month:

For sale, no price on the sign though. There's some rust on the rear wheel wells and a few dings down the driver's side but from a distance it's not bad looking, is it? I didn't get out to take a closer look, just pulled over for the picture. The owners were home and if I'd stopped I'd have probably talked for a bit and gotten home late.

Also saw a roadrunner today.... I mean a pheasant! A real one, nice male ringneck wandering across the road to another field. There is, however, a purple Road Runner (car) over in town. Have to get a pic of it sometime.

The hubby has been pricing dual exhaust kits for his truck. The crossover pipe on his single exhaust came apart again. I said his catalytic converter might be bad and that's why the pipe keeps blowing off, so he's going to replace everything from the manifolds back once he gets the pipes, cats, and mufflers in. He redid the duals on his last truck and rerouted the pipes somewhat and it turned out good. This time he's going to have the tips coming out the sides because we both got tired of burning our legs every time we had to open the tailgate!

No comments: