Monday, March 20, 2006

It's Just Sad

For Tofirius and my dad:

Someone finally moved the old Lincoln away from the parking area at the pond/skate rink. I don't remember the door glass being busted. The car is now closer to the woods. Since it's on private property, and it's been sitting there since the first time I went there six or seven years ago, I don't see it ever going much farther. This car is restorable, in good shape overall and seems to have all the brightwork intact as far as I can tell... been a while since I was able to look up close. I love this beast, would love to give it a good home.

Sightings today: bronze and cream '57 Chevy, just beautiful. Blue Ford Galaxie in a yard, rusting. Two AMC Eagles, one looking sad and the other on blocks, stripped down (parts for the first one, I assume). Early 70's Chevelle. One Kubota tractor that we think someone traded in at the Nissan dealer... oh yeeeeeeah, we're in redneck country!

1 comment:

Chris said...

I remember once going to a junk yard with my dad in Cali & I saw a '61 Ford Galaxy half rotting. I loved it the moment I saw it with its ignition on the dash to the right of the steering column & its low profile, kinda like this Lincoln. Since the 80's few cars have had any real personality, as they did previously.

I love the rear window on this thing!

Thanks for sharing.