Monday, March 06, 2006

Today's Agenda

  1. Head down Route 11 to check out a red 1965 Barracuda for sale.
  2. Swing by another lot for a Toyota Matrix viewing. Recoil from sticker shock.
  3. Drive up to Billtown, where a 2002 Camry waits to be drooled over... I mean, looked at.
  4. Early dinner, most likely Bonanza buffet. Yay.
  5. Some minor shopping, including Wegman's, the Ultimate Grocery Store.
  6. Cruise the dealership strip, with a stop at Subaru to see about used Bajas. Point out every burnt-orange vehicle I see. Wish the Chevy HHR had all-wheel-drive.
  7. Come home car-less, but with more ideas of local prices. Think about Baja, figure out financing for Camry, dream about Barracuda, ignore Matrix.

Sadly, the Matrix is optioned with everything I want in a new/used car... AWD/4WD, good gas mileage, and it's a Toyota. Too bad it's pretty much the ugliest thing Toyota makes (Prius excepted). Don't get me wrong, I love ugly cars... but this one goes beyond even my tolerance. I wish more manufacturers would follow the Big Three's lead and put out more retro-looking vehicles. NOT Jetsons-type things with tiny windows and short noses.

I leave you with this, an ugly car I can really appreciate:

No comments: