Monday, March 06, 2006

Today's Results

  1. The Barracuda apparently belongs to the owner of the lot and isn't for sale.
  2. The Matrix was kind of a weird gray/brown sludge color. I didn't think it was possible for that car to get any uglier; I was wrong.
  3. Camry was gone. Drat! I wanted to at least test-drive it. We checked the other lots under the same owner, in case it was moved, but no luck. Think it sold pretty quick. Whined pathetically over Highlanders and Tacomas again.
  4. Only one Baja found, a black Sport model with no price. It had been traded in and not prepped for sale yet, didn't feel like hunting down a salesguy. They were strangely absent today. Only had one attempt to approach us and that was at a Suzuki dealership. Those guys are probably desperate for sales.
  5. Saw a FSBO Tacoma TRD near Eckerd's. It was the "Desert Sand Mica" color I like (something like that), fully loaded... I knew it was going to be $15,000-$18,000. It wasn't, only 10 grand. Say what? Of course I had to get out and crawl around it a bit after seeing the price. It was used, hard, and had 97,000 miles on it. And at least seven dings. It was also filthy. Definitely a work/hunting/fishing/farm truck. Price seemed right after that. Passed it up.

Spotted out and about today: blue Boss Mustang at Denny's, red mid-60's Mustang coupe on the Strip, late 60's GTO rusting away in someone's yard, a clean two-tone brown and cream early 80's El Camino, and this one... we were just talking about this car last night. I'd commented that I always liked the body style and wouldn't mind having one in spite of the tendency towards rust. Once again an oddball car I brought up just magically appeared as if summoned:

Yes, that is a Rambler Marlin! Wasn't for sale, but we had to turn around and snap a shot of it. Look at that great styling, especially the black accents around the rear windows. I love these cars! I'm fond of the fastback Chargers as well but the Marlin just has a bit more "funky factor" going on. Seeing this one made my day.

No comments: