Monday, March 27, 2006

Purple Taco!

"AAAAAAAAUUUUGGGHHHHH!" ~Charlie Brown

I was doing so well... had it narrowed down to four vehicle models... all cars, all with decent to excellent fuel economy and great options... and then I saw it.

We were cruising down a business route, scoping dealers. Saw a nice Corolla, couple of Legacys, and a whole lot full of Buicks that had me salivating at the thought of continuing my current vehicular comfort level with a modern update. My Buick is 21 years old and it's still the most comfy car I've ever owned; I can only imagine what a newer model feels like. The ratings and reviews laud the LeSabre for comfort factor and I'm leaning hard in that direction. The Limited model is optioned nicely, has everything I want except AWD but it does have traction control so that's something.

Anyway we pass a small Subaru dealer and turn in to look at Bajas. Or as my hubby calls them, BAHhahahas. Only one they had was new, so we drove past. Hubby pointed out a Camry... it was fairly dark by then and under the dealer lights we couldn't tell the exact color, so I got out to look. It was metallic mint green and out of price range. Walked over to a blue Legacy and passed a Tacoma x-cab en route. I'd seen it on the way in but since I was no longer truckhunting I didn't look very closely.

That is, until the light hit it and I realized it was purple. Not light blue, not lavender or lilac mist, but deep grape purple. I stopped. I glanced at the rear, no TRD badge. "Ah, it's probably two-wheel-drive," I thought. I read the price. "Yep, definitely 2WD." I read the options list. "HONEY! Come here!" 4x4, low mileage, great price. And did I mention it's purple?! I gotta call about this one. For that price, there HAS to be something wrong with it.

And so, I'm back to where I started, the Tacoma. *Sigh* I'm not even going to try to fight it or reason myself out of it. My next vehicle will pick me, not the other way around!

No comments: