Sunday, July 23, 2006

Next-Gen Challenger


There she be, the Challenger scheduled to arrive for 2008. I like the shape, I like the color, I like the retro styling. This is what Chrysler should have done with the new Charger. Instead, they made the Charger into a "performance sedan" with 4 doors and a DVD player for the kiddies in the backseat (!!!). This Challenger looks truer to its roots as a musclecar. It does remind me a bit of the first-gen Camaros, even more than the new prototype Camaro does. This is not a bad thing. The Charger and proto-Camaro are studies in excess, while this Challenger just looks like a nice mean street machine. I bet the modders can't wait to get ahold of one! Heck, I can't wait to see one on the lot myself. I'm curious as to how many tweaks they'll add before the actual production.

No comments: