Thursday, July 06, 2006

Gearing up for Chryslers!

Almost ready for Carlisle again! I really should feel guilty about taking Saturday off. My boss is on vacation, and I usually take over for him when he's gone. If we're not there the site supervisor fills in. None of us three will be there this weekend, and my own fill-in is off as well. But even though I'm concerned about who's going to run what, I really don't feel guilty. I worked on our wedding anniversary last weekend, and I'll be supervising for the next two weeks while my boss is off fishing in Florida, so they can just deal. It's car-show time!

I think we're going to fly by the seats of our pants for this one. Our original plan was to spend Friday and Saturday night camping near the show since the local hotel rates have been jacked up to ridiculousness. Then my hubby found out he'd be working late Friday so we aren't going tomorrow night. The campground has a 2-night minimum... still cheaper than one night in even the scuzziest roach motel but it's 30 bucks we could use elsewhere. There's supposed to be a first-come-basis primitive camping area near the show grounds so we're going to take the risk and hope it's both open and not full on Saturday night. If it is, we'll either sleep in the truck (not the first time) or drive home and go back Sunday. I'd rather not do the latter but we're just a couple hours away so if it comes to that, well, it's what we would have spent to stay going in the gas tank instead.

I really don't care how it all pans out. We'll be there Saturday! Whee!

No comments: