Sunday, July 23, 2006

Bronc-woe

As if having a Frankenfender wasn't bad enough, some major suspension parts under the rear of the Bronco decided they were underappreciated and vacated the premises.

Now we're down to one vehicle of three (My Puick is down until it gets new tires and inspection, and I haven't decided yet if it's worth it.) Can't drive Bruce until he's fixed (to the tune of $175, if we buy the parts and fix it ourselves. By "ourselves" I mean my husband, since I'll be at work.) I think to myself... how many cars are at Dad's this week? Hmm.

So I call Dad. No preamble, no explanation.
Me: "Hey, Dad. Which vehicle are you letting me borrow for a week?"
Dad: "I'm taking the Subie down for tires and picking up the Buick."
Me: "Okay, can I drive the Buick?"
Dad: "You'll have to give me a ride home. Be there in 15 minutes."
*pause*
Dad: "Why do you need a vehicle?"

This is why Dad is cool. :-)

I now have the land yacht for a few days. It's big, it's heavy, it's got boatloads of power, it eats roads and fuel, and oh yeah, it's big. Here's to retro! They sure don't make 'em like that any more.

No comments: