Saturday, September 18, 2010

Oceana Airshow 2010



Thanks to crappy wireless service at the beach house, pics and recap won't be up day-of-show. Pics soon, I promise. Brief summary: JET NOISE JET NOISE JET NOISE SWEET TEA GRITS AND JET NOISE! And no, that is not a complaint. I'll be on an adrenaline high for days.
*UPDATE* made it home, Impala ran like a... well, an impala. Sorting pics in progress.

A few years ago we went to witness a bit of automotive history involving a one-of-a-kind Mustang, its current owner Bill Goldberg, its former owner and a Ford exec down at Carlisle. Story is here. Goldberg had the car at the Airshow today which surprised me, as I hadn't seen it mentioned on the schedule. Made my freakin' day though. I got to see the Lawman Mustang again. Add that to Blue Angels, C-130 JATO, FA/18 Super Hornet and all the other birds and yeah, it was a perfect day.

Quickie: how can you tell a man is a real Car Guy? He drops to the ground on the flightline to crawl under his car and pull out the tow hooks instead of expecting someone else to do it.

No comments: