Tuesday, December 11, 2007

More Accessories

I need to get a new picture of the Impala on here. That means I have to wash it... been waiting for a day when it's not raining, sleeting, or snowing, with a night temp above freezing... it may well be April before that happens, but we'll see. It rained the other evening, turning into freezing rain when the temp dropped after dark, which left icy roads and a nice shiny hardshell finish on the Imp. I couldn't get the doors open. This year I had the presence of mind to NOT store the de-icer inside the car, though. Yay me!

The other day, upon seeing my car for the first time, someone immediately mentioned the non-stock Buick-style portholes on the fenders. *grin* So far he's been the only one to notice. I can't say anything though... Hubby got me a set of smoke-tinted wind deflectors for the windows and put them on yesterday, and I didn't notice till this morning... but they look great, like they came with the car (as they should have). They work great too. I like being warm in the car, but I hate breathing heated air, so I usually have a window cracked regardless of the weather. It was raining on the way home and the deflectors did their job. (One of the very few things I didn't like about the Imp was that rain and washer fluid came off the windshield and straight in the window, dripping directly onto the power window and lock buttons. No more!)

Midnight blue is hard as heck to keep clean... been running it through the hand-wash with the big hot-air dryer at the end, so it won't freeze shut with me in it (had that happen with the Bronco once, felt like an idiot, trapped in my own vehicle in the grocery-store parking lot) but haven't made it there since the winter weather kicked it up a notch.

Other news: just sold my nearly-new set of snow tires from Buick #2 (gone). Buick #3 (still for sale!) just got a new power steering gear box, but the install will have to wait until it's nicer outside. We've determined that the Imp is actually Buick #4 in disguise. Brother slid on bad road and wrecked his car... apparently Subaru parts ain't cheap, and Subies with AWD are NOT impervious to slippery roads. Motor oil costs too dang much these days; I remember when the cheap stuff was 88 cents a quart, and that wasn't too long ago. My preferred Castrol is almost 3 bucks a quart now. Gas here is "down" to $2.99/gallon, from $3.29. Why can't I find citrus-scented car fresheners anymore? What's with all these weird scents? I do not want my car smelling like green tea, or musk, or tahitian sunset or whatever. I just. want. orange.

No comments: