Monday, January 15, 2007

It's T-Day

The time has come, the husband said, to talk of many things,
Of sales and slips and purchase tax, of tags and warranties...
And why not buy a car today-
A Toyota, please!

(with apologies to Lewis Carroll)

Update:

That Corolla S mentioned in a previous post was our goal. We drove out of town, in the rain and dark, to go meet up with the salesguy. I'm not getting into his tactics because anyone who's ever dealt with a car salesman knows what that's like. I am a bit peeved that I told him if the offer I made over the phone wasn't going to be accepted, I didn't want to waste the trip... and we wasted the trip. We used gas we didn't need to use and spent money on dinner that we didn't need to spend. And we took my dad along... his job was to sit and glare at the salesman and make pointed remarks, which he did quite well. :-) On the flip side, we wasted an hour and a half of the salesman's time and he isn't getting a commission tonight. That's small consolation though... I came home cold, wet, tired, and with no car.

Oh well. Learning experience noted. This car wasn't meant to be ours... maybe the next one will be!

No comments: