Saturday, June 24, 2006

Already?!

I haven't even finished loading all the photos from the Ford show, and GM weekend is here!

We both had to work today, so we're going early in the morning to spend the day in Carlisle. My hubby wants to be there in time for breakfast at his favorite restaurant. I asked him if he was going to be able to wake me up and get me in the truck by 6 AM... he replied that I should just sleep in the truck tonight and save him the hassle! (I am NOT a morning person.)

My idea, voiced the past several times we've gone there, is that we should just move closer to Harrisburg and Carlisle. We'd be near the car shows, good restaurants, and more selection for our shopping needs. He hates cities and thinks it would be a pain living there. I remind him that there are a lot of country-type areas outside the city. He brings up traffic, I counter with better jobs. He gets the last word in... "Not enough mountains." Can't argue with that.

Now I hear that Carlisle Productions, the group who puts on the car shows, is considering moving to a new location a bit farther south. I'll be sad to see the shows leave the old fairgrounds, but I'm optimistic that a move will help traffic issues among other things. And per the rumor, it won't be that much farther away, so we'll still be able to attend our usual 5-6 shows a year. I foresee more overnighters though... hope there are some nice camping places nearby!

Anyway, if you're around the GM show tomorrow, come on up and say hi!

No comments: