Monday, April 10, 2006

Bits and Pieces.. and Chunks

Today: passed a light blue late 60's Chrysler 2-door and a black-cherry '68 Mustang coupe. Spotted a black (or possibly very dark brown/burgundy) El Camino in the back of a private lot.

Last night: swerved to avoid some important-looking engine parts lying in the road, then followed a wide oil streak for a mile or so. Before Hubby even saw the vehicle he said it was a diesel, as passenger cars would have run out of oil a long time ago. Sure enough, a bit later we saw the truck, along with the wrecker that was probably called when the driver discovered his truck no longer had any vital signs. Judging from the size of the broken parts in the road and how far he went afterward I'd say it was fatal.

Yesterday: DeSoto! Shoe wasn't driving it, and it wasn't pink, but I liked it. ;-) DeSotos rock.

Also yesterday: Sweet T-Bird.

The Truck That Almost Changed My Mind Again:This was one NICE Ranger. 43K miles; great color; dual exhaust; clean as can be in, out, and under; looked sharp... those "stripes" on the rocker panels are chrome panels, not paint. I'm pretty sure it was accessorized for show, not off-roading, as we couldn't find a thing wrong with it. $11,900! *drools*

Still on CarHunt 2006... maybe a bit more urgently now. My poor old Puick unexpectedly (or not?) blew a streak of blue smoke all the way up a hill yesterday. As a precaution, I dropped into neutral and slingshotted over the next hill, coasting the rest of the way home. I hate Buicks. And I'm probably going to buy another one. A couple in a LeSabre parked next to me today, so when they got out I asked them how they liked their car. (Asking random strangers for car reviews in a grocery store parking lot: sign of insanity or just a smart idea?) They loved it and said they got better mileage than what was listed... a 30MPG Buick! I am so there.

Currently looking at a 2002 supercharged Regal GS... ooOOOooo! Who needs gas mileage, eh? And it's black. I'd pretend it was a modern Grand National, but that might be pushing my imagination capabilities a bit far. Plus it has leather, not that niftyspiffy gray/black/red GN upholstery. Do I need a turbo anything? No. Next....

No comments: